The College of Arts & Sciences office of Corporate & Foundation Relations works to advance relationships with foundations, corporations and other organizations to bring support for innovative and impactful projects across the College. CFR is available to assist you through the process of identifying potential funding partners, developing a proposal, and stewarding funders once support has been received.
Advise on strategy to identify and approach foundations
- Convene cross-campus conversations around themes of interest to corporations and foundations to increase opportunities for funding
- Strategize for corporations and foundations that prioritize strategic investments with the intention of generating specific and measurable outcomes
- Confirm whether limited submission funding opportunity policy applies to a foundation or corporation
- Check this list: http://depts.washington.edu/uwadv/central-resources/cfr/limited-submissi...
- Check the organization’s profile on Advance
- Contact Kim Johnson-Bogart, Senior Director of Foundation Relations, with questions
- Confirm whether organization has 501c3 status policies.
- Schedule time with us to discuss strategy.
Consult on development of letters of inquiry (LOI) and proposals
- Organize campus site visits with corporations and foundations
- Help you tell a story that focuses on the value added to the mission and work of the corporation or foundation. Keep in mind that foundation program officers need to sell the UW and your project to their board of directors
- Consider these resources as a starting point in LOI and proposal development:
Work with corporations and foundations to ensure their goals are met
- Advise on strategies to recognize and inform foundation and corporate donors (such as stewardship visits and correspondence)
- Assist with reports to ensure compliance and future funding