Office of Sponsored Programs/ Deadlines for submitting Grant Proposals
***CLICK below for a Deadline Calculator spreadsheet***
7 day Deadline: Proposals must be at OSP with draft science and final business documents 7 business days prior to the sponsor deadline. OSP will not review if the business portions are incomplete. Please allow ample time for your proposal to gain departmental & Dean’s approval before arriving in OSP.
3 day Deadline: Proposals must be marked “Ready to Submit (RTS)” by 5 pm, 3 business days prior to sponsor deadline. This signals reviewers that all documents are final and ready to submit to sponsor.
GIM 19 Wiaver: If you are unable to meet the above 3 day deadline, you will need to request a waiver from OSP. Waivers will only be granted in extuating circumstances:
- Official UW closure (e.g., inclement weather)
- PI or Co-PI serious illness or injury
- Death of key personnel
- Documented notification of funding opportunity was made < two weeks prior to the deadline.
OSP will submit the application prior to the sponsor deadline but cannot ensure a succesful submission
OSP Review: OSP reviews in the order received. First come, first served. The received date changes each time you withdraw your proposal. Keep in mind, if you withdraw to make changes, this will put your proposal back to the end of the queue.
Sponsor Systems: It can take up to 48 hours or even longer for electronic sponsor systems (i.e. Grants.Gov) to process applications once they are submitted by OSP.
- Complete and final sponsor title page or UW cover sheet
- Final sponsor budget page (s)
- Draft version of Scope of Work
- Budget justification
- Any contract, IPA or sharing agreements, etc