We can help you develop a dynamic website to showcase your academic programs, research, and faculty. For some departments, we can build your new site and provide technical support after its launch, while your staff provide and manage the content. If we don't have the ability to redesign your website, we can advise throughout the planning process while you work with an external developer.
We can also help you collaborate online. It doesn't matter if you need to share documents and data with someone in the next office, or on the other side of the world, we can help find a web-based collaboration solution.
Contact us to discuss your needs.
Consultation and Strategy
Whether you’re building a site from scratch or redesigning an existing one, we can advise on best practices and approaches. Some of the areas we specialize in are defining your website’s place in an overall communications strategy, helping define and refine your information architecture, planning for content creation and rotation, leveraging the power of the UW brand in your own graphic identity, educating designers or developers about university policies, and alerting you to tools or services available on campus that may be useful for your project.
Department Web Framework
This service is currently available to departments in the Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences Divisions. Please contact Shane Fricks (email@example.com) if you would like more information about the timing of our expansion.
We can transition your site into the Department Web Framework, a content management system tailored to meet the needs of academic units in the College. We take your unit through the whole design process from beginning to end, including migrating content, customizing the look and feel, and training content editors. We handle the hosting and technical support, so your staff can focus on writing and editing content. Learn more about the features of these sites or find documentation and support for your existing framework site.
The College's Site Express service is available to select non-departmental units. The service is tailored to meet the needs of smaller, degree-granting, units in the College. You can learn about eligibility, and the features offered on our Site Express page. Please contact Shane Fricks (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like more information about Site Express.
If you are looking for help with an existing site supported by the CAS Web Team, please contact us at email@example.com.
If your department is not eligible for our services, or you have in-house resources to assist with website management, we encourage you to explore the following options:
- UW Sites Network: Get a UW-branded WordPress site quickly and easily, without having to worry about the setup or technical maintenance.
- Drupal or WordPress on UW-IT servers: If you need more flexibility than the UW Sites Network provides, build your own site with one of these open-source content management systems used widely around campus.
- Drupal or WordPress on Pantheon: Another option for hosting, with better performance than the UW-IT shared servers.
- Creative Communications: Their team of designers and web developers have all the capabilities of any off-campus agency. As a part of the UW, they understand the brand requirements, the variety and range of audience for all UW communication projects, and the types of creative resources that most effectively tell the UW story.
The College's web team currently supports the following sites. In most cases, department staff manage the content while the web team provides ongoing technical support and advice. If you have questions regarding a site not listed here, you should direct them to the owners of that site.
- A&S Administrative Gateway
- A&S Administrative Support Team (formerly Shared Services)
- Department Web Framework Documentation & Support
- SharePoint Document Sharing Sites:
Department Web Framework
- American Ethnic Studies
- American Indian Studies
- Applied Mathematics
- Art + Art History + Design
- Asian Languages & Literature
- Cinema & Media Studies
- Comparative History of Ideas
- French & Italian Studies
- Gender, Women & Sexuality Studies
- Law, Societies & Justice
- Near Eastern Languages & Civilization
- Political Science
- Scandinavian Studies
- Slavic Languages & Literatures
- Spanish & Portuguese Studies
- Applied & Computational Mathematical Sciences
- Disability Studies
- Diversity Minor
- Environmental Cultures & Values
- Individualized Studies
- Labor Studies
- Musical Theater
- Online Integrated Social Sciences