The College of Arts & Sciences looks forward to helping faculty and departments advance their curricular goals. Please contact this office with questions regarding course/program development and issues surrounding undergraduate teaching and learning.
- Kevin Mihata, Associate Dean for Educational Programs
- Janet Yale, Assistant to the Associate Dean
A&S Curriculum Basics
For the three academic year quarters – Autumn, Winter, and Spring Quarters – the recommended deadline for submission for all course, program, and course fee forms and supporting materials is the first day of the quarter, two academic quarters before the requested approval quarter. For final deadlines, see the Curriculum Deadlines.
- All New Course and Course Changes need to be submitted using the UW CM online process (KUALI).
- Review information and instructions on the course fee approval process.
- Review the FCAS guidelines on syllabi; FCAS and the University Curriculum Committee expect course proposals to include syllabi that adhere to these guidelines.
- For Program Changes, please continue to use a paper form (1503) available on The University Curriculum Office website.
- General Information About Curriculum Planning in Arts & Sciences
- Arts & Sciences Guidelines for Review of Courses and Undergraduate Programs
- Information on the Diversity Requirement
- Proposal Tracking