The College of Arts and Sciences recognizes the critical role Information Technology plays in fulfilling the mission of the College and the University as a whole. We make every effort to keep pace with the rapid development of technology, and to help departments keep their own technological environments in top working order.
The College of Arts and Sciences IT team provides support for the Dean's Office and several other departments and units within the College.
If your department has it's own IT staff, please reach out to them as your first source for IT information. Your IT techs have resources that are unique to your unit.
All within the College of Arts and Sciences are welcome to use this website as a resource.
Dean's Office Contacts
CAS-IT Team Members:
- Stephen Majeski, Senior Associate Dean Of Research and Infrastructure
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 206-543-9648
- Helen Øland, Director of Computing
email@example.com Phone: 206-543-6366
- Ellen Krachmer, Senior Computer Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 206-543-0527
- Philip Costello, Senior Computer Specialist
email@example.com Phone: 206-616-9165
- Jasvant Singh Dosanjh, Senior Computer Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 206-543-9945
Dean's Office Resources
Departmental IT Contacts
Arts and Sciences Workstation Initiative
The 2022/2023 Workstation Initiative is complete. Model information can be found below. Dell and Apple systems will be reviewed before the next cycle.
- College of Arts & Sciences Techstaff List (private) – email@example.com
- All UW Techstaff List (public) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Macintosh Administrator List (maclanad) – see http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/maclanad/
- UW Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administrator List (RHELlanad) – see https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/rhellanad
- Computer Directors (moderated) - email@example.com
- The Long List of company URLs and phone numbers (hosted by Newegg)(hat tip to Bob Majors)
- UW IT Connect
- Identify a Mac by serial number
- HP warranty check
- Find out if an IP number, port in a room, or MAC address has been disabled (requires UWNetID and password).
A&S Tech Staff Meetings
Please contact Helen Oland about upcoming tech staff meetings.