The College of Arts and Sciences recognizes the critical role Information Technology plays in fulfilling the mission of the College and the University as a whole. We make every effort to keep pace with the rapid development of technology, and to help departments keep their own technological environments in top working order.
The College of Arts and Sciences IT team provides support for the Dean's Office and several other departments and units within the College.
If your department has it's own IT staff, please reach out to them as your first source for IT information. Your IT techs have resources that are unique to your unit.
All within the College of Arts and Sciences are welcome to use this website as a resource.
Dean's Office Contacts
- Stephen Majeski, Senior Associate Dean Of Research and Infrastructure
email@example.com Phone: 206-543-9648
- Kirk Wolden-Hanson, Director of Computing
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 206-543-9945
- Ellen Krachmer, Senior Computer Specialist
email@example.com Phone: 206-543-0527
- Helen Øland, Senior Computer Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 206-543-6366
Dean's Office Resources
Departmental Tech Staff Contacts
Arts and Sciences Workstation Initiative
There will be a Workstation Initiative during the 2020 - 2021 Academic Year.
- College of Arts & Sciences Techstaff List (private) – email@example.com
- All UW Techstaff List (public) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Macintosh Administrator List (maclanad) – see http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/maclanad/
- UW Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administrator List (RHELlanad) – see https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/rhellanad
- Computer Directors (moderated) - email@example.com
- The Long List of company URLs and phone numbers (hosted by Newegg)(hat tip to Bob Majors)
- UW IT Connect
- Identify a Mac by serial number
- HP warranty check
- Find out if an IP number, port in a room, or MAC address has been disabled (requires UWNetID and password).
A&S Tech Staff Meetings
Please contact Kirk Wolden-Hanson about upcoming tech staff meetings.