Our College recognizes the vital role that computing technology plays in research, instruction, and public service. College staff make extraordinary efforts to keep pace with the rapid development of technology, and to help departments keep their own technological environments in top working order.
Dean's Office Contacts
- Stephen Majeski, Divisional Dean for Research and Infrastructure
email@example.com Phone: 206-543-9648
- Ron Kline, Director of Computing
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 206-543-6366
- Kirk Wolden-Hanson, Director of Computing
email@example.com Phone: 206-543-9945
There will be no Workstation Initiative during the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
Department, Center and Unit Contacts
- Recommended Equipment List
- The Long List of company URLs and phone numbers (hosted by Newegg)(hat tip to Bob Majors)
- UW IT Connect
- Identify a Mac by serial number
- HP warranty check
- Find out if an IP number, port in a room, or MAC address has been disabled (requires UWNetID and password).
- College of Arts & Sciences Techstaff List (private) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- All UW Techstaff List (public) – email@example.com
- Macintosh Administrator List (maclanad) – see http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/maclanad/
- UW Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administrator List (RHELlanad) – see https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/rhellanad
- Computer Directors (moderated) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Ron Kline about upcoming technical staff meetings.
Note we are returning to our traditional Thursday meeting schedule.
Winter 2018 College Tech Staff meeting schedule.:
- 01/11/2018 - All College Tech Staff Meeting - 126 Communications, 11:00-12:00
- 02/08/2018 - All College Tech Staff Meeting - 126 Communications, 11:00-12:00
- 03/08/2018 - All College Tech Staff Meeting - 126 Communications, 11:00-12:00