UW encourages departments that receive funding for general program support or research from donations to keep donors informed about the impact their gifts have.
For detailed information about how and when to send impact reports, see the central Endowments & Donor Services intranet site. The Endowments & Donor Services team provides some sample impact reports on their website that may inspire your work. Below are some top best practices:
- Send impact reports to donors yearly.
- Adjust the "reporting" format to what's appropriate for the information you have to share and your relationship with your donors:
- For some donors, you can send a letter indicating how their gift has been supporting your work.
- For donors who are very close to your department or center, consider an in-person discussion at a personal meeting or an event your unit is hosting.
- When you do share impact reports with donors, please share that information with your unit's major gift officer or the CAS Advancement Services team so that we can make a note of the report on the donor's record in Advance.
The CAS Advancement Services team is happy to talk through the best way to report impact to your unit's donors. Please reach out anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to brainstorm together.
This page last updated 10/30/2020.