Each winter the CAS Advancement Services team coordinates an annual faculty stewardship letters process to let our donors know about the impact of their support. We work closely with the Dean's Office to remind faculty appointment holders to write letters. Appointment holders share these letters with the donors and stewardees who have supported their appointment.
In 2019 the College of Arts & Sciences updated the endowed/term faculty appointment process, including instituting a new process timeline.
The Advancement Services team is here to:
- Provide reminders to faculty appointment holders to write an annual report to donors supporting their work.
- Share the names and contact information of the donors and stewardees associated with faculty support funds.
- Answer questions about official appointment titles or spending restrictions for these funds.
December: The CAS Advancement Services team and Dean Stacey remind appointment holders to write a stewardship report letter.
- We provide names and addresses of the appropriate donors and stewardees.
- If you don't receive a reminder and expected one, contact us. It could be that CAS Advancement Services is not aware of any living donors, next of kin, or other stewardees related to your appointment.
By January 15: Appointment holders should mail their reports directly to donors.
- Copies of the stewardship letters should be shared with the CAS Advancement Services team at CASadser@uw.edu or sent through campus mail to Becky McIntire at Box 354882.
This page last updated 10/30/2020.